The practice nurse is available by appointment for:
routine - Flu and Pneumococcal for at risk groups.
child - The baby's red book must be brought to the appointment.
travel - Travel advice is provided.See the nurse at least 8 weeks before your intended date of travel.
- Dressings and suture removal Please bring your dressing plan provided by the hospital with you
- Contraception information - Advice on the range of contraception available. Free contraception is available (pill prescriptions, contraceptive injections, condoms & ‘emergency contraception’). Emergency contraception is also available at these chemists, and can be obtained without seeing a doctor or nurse first. All other forms of contraception (e.g. coils and implants) are available at these Sexual Health Clinics. General family planning advice is also available.
- Cervical smears - Please ensure that your smear appointment is approximately midway between periods. (i.e. 2 weeks after the start of your period).
- New registration health checks - All newly registered are advised to have a general health check up. This includes measuring height, weight, blood pressure, urine testing, smoking and general healthy living advice.
- Health and dietary advice - Advice on healthy eating, lowering cholesterol levels, weight management and healthy living.
- Blood pressure checks
- Smoking Cessation advice - Routine blood pressure checks and for those with high blood pressure. Smokers will be offered advice on how to stop smoking and referred to http://www.smokefreelewisham.co.uk/services/iquit
Their primary role is to ensure that families with children under five years old are growing and developing normally. They also advise on routine immunisations.
The District Nurse and her team are involved in the care of housebound people in the community. They may be contacted Monday - Friday between 9am - 5pm on 020 8314 7777.
The midwife takes part in our antenatal clinics and looks after pregnant women in our community, delivering babies at home and in the hospitals and providing them information on diet, exercise, general health and maternity rights. We have our own attached midwife who also runs antenatal classes and can provide you with further information about these classes.
Is available to help people with emotional and psychological problems. You can self refer by calling 020 3228 1350 or via the website https://slam-iapt.nhs.uk/lewisham . There is no need to see a GP first